Sherwood & Associates were engaged by Failte Ireland in 2011 to assist with preparing a future vision for the “Ring of Kerry” Destination.
The assignment involved designing a facilitation and engagement process that would develop ideas that could have the potential to redefine the Ring of Kerry. Sherwood & Associates designed a process / workshop and used the pinpoint engagement system to profile with a group the following :
- potentials and opportunities
- the key challenges
- initiatives taking place in other places nationally and especially internationally that might have relevance
- the shared assets – physical, human, cultural, environmental – that are important and valuable as a focus for the development of the visitor offer
- how the future of the Ring of Kerry should unfolding
- specific opportunities that could be realised immediately
- possible development of strategic themes
- new ways of thinking and how we can engage with others
The process and workshop was a great success.